Monday, May 28, 2012

Impressionist Tutorial

This is a tutorial for the background design of the art I did here. This is definitely a subtle design, more noticeable with lighter colors. For my water lilies I used blues and greens and purples, for this tutorial I used pinks and oranges and purples.

I apologize in advance for the picture quality, I was trying to work fast. Also, everything but the final product is pre-cleanup.

Final Product:


I started with Kleancolor's Metallic Fushia, a one-coater.


I then used a white to sponge randomly over each nail.



I continued to sponge every pink, purple, orange, red, and sparkle in my collection. 



When it started to get dark I added more white and silver


I then soaked a sponge in Non-acetone nail polish remover. 


I then mixed the remover with some of the original color:



I used this this to sponge over each nail.

Here are some good pictures, after clean-up.



It is a lot of work for a subtle design, but I like the way it came out. 








No comments:

Post a Comment