Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Unintentional Awesome

So this manicure started with the desire to use easy nail stickers for a weekend away with my boyfriend. I used Claire's Nail Flair Stickers. (The website doesn't show the design I use).

I used bare, clean nails and tried to apply the stickers carefully. They looked pretty cool, but I had some definite trouble filing down the tips. The back of the package said that a top coat would make it last longer, so I added a coat of SV. According to package, this is what they were supposed to look like:



I saw a crinkle on one of the nails and tried to smooth it out. Oops the sticker came off! But then I saw what was left behind, a clear background and the cheetah spots. It looked so cool! Right then I decided I was going to do it on all my nails. I simply added a coat of SV, waited about 20 seconds, and pushed it off with my thumb. That left this:



As you can see, the tips are rather messy. I think if I had known I was doing this from the beginning, I wouldn't have filed the stickers. I think that could have made it look neater. I decided to add some black tips. This was my first time doing french tips (can you believe that?) so they didn't look as neat as I would have liked them. 



This was my completely accidental manicure... and I'm kinda in love with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment