Monday, January 23, 2012

Marbling

This was my second attempt at water marbling. I tried the first time at the very beginning of my journey into nail art and it was a mess! I didn't know if I was ever going to try again, but here I am. Stay tuned and maybe I'll treat you to the picture I took of my FA.


I started with 3 coats of Zoya Snow White. I've had a lot of trouble with whites. Though I'm not completely happy with this, it's better than any of the others I've tried.

Then I wrapped the nails with scotch tape. I used a small cup and room temperature water. I marbled with China Glaze's Lemon Fizz (yellow), Spontaneous (purple), and White on White

Here are some shots of the left and right hand.




Here are my favorite fingers close-up:


I think my right had (which I did first) actually turned out better than my left. On my left I kept having trouble with bubbles. Anyone know how to fix that?

I don't think I'll try marbling again for a while... it's such a pain and so far it's turned out... meh. But, like I promised, here is a look at my FA... what a mess!



No comments:

Post a Comment