Monday, January 16, 2012

8 Degrees

It was a chilly 8 degrees yesterday, so I decided the best thing to do would be to paint my nails like it was summer.

I started with 2 coats of Zoya Snow White and 3 coats of China Glaze Pink Voltage. I didn't love the way it looked alone (think and smudgy... gross!) So I did what any sane person does: I added glitter! I added 3 coats of Sinful Colors Frenzy. Frenzy is super sweet purple and blue and silver small glitter in a clear base:



GLITTER!






I added 2 coats of SV to make it more smooth, but I forgot to wrap my edges on the glitter so.... shrinkage. BOOOOO! Do you see it on the tips?


The other problem was removal. I hate removing glitter. If I had my way I would add glitter to every manicure but taking it off is such a pain! I decided to use the foil method (not the math one!). I soaked a  cotton ball in acetone (I like non-acetone removal on a daily basis, but for glitter I bring out the big guns), put it on the nail and wrapped it in tin foil. Left it on for 5ish minutes and pulled it off. I always feel a bit like a alien:

But it worked! (Please forgive the staining... eek!)





No comments:

Post a Comment